Monday, January 14, 2013

What is Plus Size?

This is question that interest me..
In the Retail world a plus size is 14 and up.
In the Couture Fashion world plus size is 6 and up

So what does that really mean is make you less beautiful that you don't fit in sample sizes.. I guess that's for you to decide. Christina Hendricks is amazingly beautiful she clearly isn't a sample size.. Kate Upton an insanely sexy woman who has been criticized by fashion critics including the acclaimed Anna Wintour for being FAT!!! Crazy right.... So what about just plain body love. I have sat down with several men lately to ask them whats beautiful. Some are into in Tall leggy petite breast women, while others say they love a Kim Kardashian body. One guy told me he is man and excepts a woman to have a womanly body.
What about the vanity sizing?

If you were to take a personal style heroine of mine Marilyn Monroe... Its public knowledge Marilyn wore a size 12. but a Size 12 in the 1960 is very different the a size 12 in today sizes. So did sizing change as we changed. The average shoe size in 1960 was a 5 today its almost a 9. Average bra size a few decades ago was a 34c now is a 36d. Now many things have changed since the day when Marilyn Monroe wiggle tantalized millions. Nutrition has changed. Access to more food and types of food. I personally think the increase of a prepackaged fast food world is a major factor. In 1960 an average middle class woman worked at home cooked 3 meals a day for her family cleaned shopped and spent time with friends or charity organization. My mother was into the fast food world as a single working mother it was hard for her and with that she went from a healthy and athletic woman to obese who later had to result to a gastric bypass to lose weight, but since then she has been the greatest champion to me and my sisters to eat healthy, eat at home ,and respect and love your body. She lost half her body weight and still is classified as overweight. I admire my mom she has worked very hard and continues to do so but she is healthy and works out 4 days a week and eat right with her favorite meal is salmon brown rice and salad. That's what I do every day I cook almost all my meals at home made by my hands and when I eat out, I eat at noddles and company and subway. Loving your body is loving what you put in it. Plus size or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment